Rocklin Ranch Veterinary Hospital’s Blog
Does Your Warm and Fuzzy Give You the Warm And Fuzzies? Celebrate National Cat Day!
If you’ve ever spent a significant amount of time watching Keyboard Cat or musing at lolcats, chances are, you’re a cat person who relishes the full spectrum of fine feline qualities. The internet has provided such an incredible forum for cat lovers to meet and unite in communal appreciation that, like a dog park for canine lovers, elevates the experience of owning – or belonging to – a cat.
As such, running an internet search for descriptive quotes about cats, you could be at your screen for hours. This veritable sea of quotes spans the ages – from royal scribes in ancient Egypt to modern day writers – and unilaterally boasts the long-lasting and powerful relationship between humans and felines.
National Cat Day, on October 29th, provides an opportunity to reflect on why your cat is special, and we’re here to help.
The independent spirit of felines endear their species to those lucky enough to cross paths. Cats are clever, adorable, and always fun to watch, but the comfort and security brought to many people is unparalleled through time.
In honor of National Cat Day, we’ve culled through pages and pages of wonderful quotes about feline personalities, because let’s face it: we love cats!
In no particular order, the following quotes really hit the nail on the head:
- “I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul.” – Jean Cocteau
- “If man could be crossed with a cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.” – Mark Twain
- “Even a cat is a lion in her own lair.” – Indian proverb
- “Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God.” – Anonymous
- “After dark all cats are leopards.” – American proverb
- “The smallest feline is a masterpiece.” – Leonardo Da Vinci
- “What greater gift than the love of a cat?” – Charles Dickens
- “A meow massages the heart.” – Stuart McMillan
- “As anyone who has ever been around a cat for any length of time well knows cats have enormous patience with the limitations of the human kind.” – Cleveland Amory
- “Holding up my purring cat to the moon I sighed.” – Jack Kerouac
There are so many great ways you can make a difference on National Cat Day. From adopting a cat from a shelter or rescue, to offering special treats to your resident feline, there are ways to show you care about the lives of cats. Please consider:
- Donating certain items to your area shelter, such as litter
- Be an advocate for feline wellness via social media
- Volunteer at your local cat rescue
- Construct or install a new cat climbing condo or tree
- Snuggle your cat and share your love
- Host a National Cat Day soiree and invite all your feline-loving pals
When you stop think about your very own warm, fuzzy cat, we bet some warm and fuzzy thoughts wash over you. Is it the way he or she scampers off whenever the vacuum cleaner comes into view? Is it the sweet meow you hear upon coming home after a long day?
Whatever it is that makes your cat special, hold it for a moment and let your cat know how much he or she means to you. We’re certain that the quotable cat owners listed above would all agree that your precious feline friend understands your gratitude.