Rocklin Ranch Veterinary Hospital’s Blog
Popular Toys for Pets You Won’t Want to Miss
Pet toys are important components of health and happiness for pets. The right selection of toys provides mental stimulation, much-needed exercise, and fun – but finding that perfect toy for your little sweetie isn’t always easy. After all, toys can get boring quickly, ripped apart easily, or even be dangerous for your pet.
We have come up with a list of popular pet toys sure to please even the pickiest furry friend. Our selections are safe, non-toxic, fun, and won’t collect dust in the corner of your living room!
Popular Pet Toys
When it comes to pets, their likes and dislikes are pretty basic. Chewing, fetch, tug-of-war, stalking, and chasing come to mind. There are plenty of popular pet toys that fit the bill as far as these basics are concerned.
- The Kong chew toy is classic for a reason. It’s sturdy, extremely durable, safe, and fun. Fill with peanut butter (try freezing it!) for hours of chewing fun.
- The Pet Fit for Life wand and LED laser pointer combines two of the most exciting cats toys in one.
- Take fetch to the next level with the Chuckit ball launcher – your dog will thank you!
- Food puzzles are more than just fun for dogs and cats. They provide enriching mental stimulation and can slow down fast eaters. Indulge your pet’s inner hunter with the Hide N’ Slide puzzle game for dogs, or this interactive cat feeder that is designed to stimulate foraging in grass.
A Modern Twist on Toys
Sure, our pets adore their balls and feather chasers, but 2020 has much more to offer when it comes to keeping boredom at bay. Veterinary science has come a long way in recent years, and we know a lot more about animal health and behavior than ever before. We took this knowledge to heart when coming up with this list of useful and popular pet toys:
- Your pet’s dental hygiene is the cornerstone of their health and longevity. In between tooth brushing and professional cleaning, try a fun dental toy such as one of the Petstages Catnip Dental Toys or the Benebone Rocking Dental Chew
- Nothing can replace the bonding that comes from playing with your dog, but if you’re short on time or looking for a new challenge for an active pooch, the iFetch may be right for you.
- Take your kitty’s naptime to a new level with this crazy-fun tunneling cat bed.
No matter which pet toys are on your holiday shopping list this year, the team at Rocklin Ranch Veterinary Hospital urges you to keep safety at the forefront of your pet’s playtime. Make sure any toy you purchase doesn’t have any small or dangling parts that can be chewed off and swallowed and never leave a pet to play with or chew on a toy unsupervised.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions regarding pet toys. We are here for you!